Massanzago (PD), 2nd November 2017 – Through a new strategic transaction, Tapì enhances its presence on the South America markets, thus further strengthening its positioning as a growing Multinational Group in the packaging industry, focused on the design, production and distribution of closures for the beveragemarket.
The company, owned by Wise SGR through Wisequity IV fund with co-investors being Nuova Energia Holding, EuroInvest and the management, completed today the acquisition of Tapì Argentina. Moving from a minority stake, the Group now owns 90% of the shares, with the remaining 10% being held by the current CEO of Tapì Argentina, Mariano Paz, who will keep running the company aiming at the development of the South America markets.
This transaction brings to Tapì Group a fourth manufacturing plant, that will cover the demand throughout South America, while the other three plants (one in Mexico and two in Italy) provide closures to a number of customers in North America, Canada and Europe.
Roberto Casini, Tapì Group CEO, said: “The acquisition of Tapì Argentina is part of the strategic development plan the Group is following, with the aim of strengthening the leadership positioning in the premium and super premium beverage closures niche. Following the acquisition of Tapì Group by the Italian private equity fund Wise in January 2017, this development further speeds up with the aim of intensify the Group international competitiveness”.
Mariano Paz, CEO of Tapì Argentina, said: “I’m glad to keep developing the company I contributed to start up back in 2004. I’m sure the years ahead will be plenty of challenges and opportunities thanks to the support of a multinational group such Tapì is”.
Stefano Ghetti, Wise Partner, said: “We are extremely proud of the involvement of Tapì Argentina in the Group. This is the first step towards the creation of a global champion within a well identified niche that is a key pillar of Wise positioning and strategy aimed at sustaining portfolio companies growth, both organically and through buy and build projects”.
For Wise, the transaction has been carried out by Stefano Ghetti and Marco Mancuso while for Tapì, by Roberto Casini, Group CEO, and Claudio Giunta, Group CFO. Tapì has been advised as legal counsel by Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal while KPMG managed the financial and tax due diligences
Tapì is an international Group specializing in the design, production and distribution of high-end technological closures for the packaging world.
Tapì develops products for spirits, wine, condiments, cosmetics and beer sectors. With over 400 employees worldwide, providing support for over 3,000 customers in over 60 countries, Tapì has consolidated its global presence with a series of sales offices, R&D; facilities and distributors.
The Tapì vision is clear: to become the world leading supplier of alternative closures for the packaging design market.To achieve this goal, over the years the company has continuously invested in research & development, in people and in communicating its brand value and strength, with a view of steadily growing as an international Group.
Wise SGR SpA (www.wisesgr.it) specializes in the management of Private Equity closed-end funds, investing in small and medium-sized companies, with a special focus on Italy. The funds managed by Wise are typically involved in leverage buy-out and capital increase transactions, dedicated to companies that are leaders in their niche markets. The two major objectives are to lead “build-up” transactions, in order to enhance competitiveness and profitability, and to push the international development. Wise, controlled by the management team, has currently three funds under management: Wisequity II, with total commitment of 170 M€, that is in the divestment process; Wisequity III, with commitment exceeding 180 M€, has four remaining companies in the portfolio: Alpitour, Colcom Group, NTC-PH&T; and Controls, having already realized the investments held in Edos Media, Kijan, Primat and Biolchim; Wisequity IV closed the fund raising in March 2016 reaching its hard cap at 215 M€ and already invested in five companies: Corob, Imprima (KBC and Guarisco), Tapì, Tatuus Racing and Aleph.
With our 20 years of experience in the sector, here at Tapì we are very much geared towards of the concepts of...